The Treasurer, as custodian of Sumter County funds, is responsible for the collection
and disbursement of all County revenue. The Treasurer handles investments for the
County and numerous special purpose districts located within the County. Schedules
for the payments of bonded indebtedness are prepared by the Treasurer who also oversees
the payment of maturities and indebtedness.
The specific duties of the Treasurer are listed and described in Title 12, Chapter
45 of the South Carolina Code of Laws. The activities of the Treasurer are regulated
by the State Comptroller General.
- Collects taxes (including Department of Motor Vehicle fees)
- Allocates monies Receives, deposits, and disburses all County and school funds
- Abstracts Mortgages and Deeds on Property Sold.
- Coordinates with Auditor and Assessor.
- The Treasurer's Office works closely with the Auditor and Assessor to assure that
all property on the County Tax Rolls is correct.